Keeping Bob Dylan in the dark

23:36

The Bob Dylan 70th birthday celebration went off as well as I'd hoped - most people came with one or more of his songs and everyone joined in the 'community singing'(*). The atmosphere was heightened by the power cut that meant the whole evening was conducted in candlelight. Luckily Martin had his special lyric-reading lamp and Steve & Jennifer had a torch.

The songs I remember were:

  • All Along the Watchtower
  • Time's They are A Changing (and the parody Songs They Are A Changing)
  • I'm Gonna Miss You When You Go (twice)
  • Positively Fourth Street (as a tango)
  • My Back Pages
  • Subterranean Homesick Blues
  • Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll
  • Senor
  • Knocking on Heaven's Door
  • Mighty Quinn (*)
  • I Shall Be Released (*)
  • You Ain't Going Nowhere (*)

I know I've missed quite a few, so please let me know which one they were. we even had David Bowie's Song for Bob Dylan.

Fred even managed to sneak in an excellent 'point number' - The Bonny Ash Cloud (to the tune of The Bonny Ash Grove). Lyrics here. I think I saw a certain rugby fan singing along with different lyrics that would be censored from this blog.

Back to The Belle Vue next week.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe